Don't be! I want you to get that idea out of your head that bar soaps are bad. We have discussed this before at length. Bar soaps are good for your skin!
The cheap bars you buy at the store -- Dove and Zest come to mind -- are NOT real soap at all. They are bars made of beef fat and harsh cleansing agents and fragrances which tend to be devoid of any true skincare benefits. REAL soap contains natural butters, oils, vitamins and minerals to care for your skin.
A well-formulated bar soap can do wonders for your skin! Today, I am sharing the 5 best bar soaps for the face:
- A couple of months back, I told you about Humboldt Soap Company Egg White Face Soap. Have you tried it yet? In addition to argan oil, crushed grape seeds to exfoliate, and egg whites, you will find olive & coconut oils. If have normal to combo skin, you will absolutely adore this bar! $7.50
- Are you still using LUSH Coalface for your oily skin? Stop! I know it is popular, but there is a much better option. The LUSH contains sodium lauryl sulfate. The Perfectly Posh Gender Bender Chunk contains activated charcoal, silt (Dead Sea mud) and nourishing shea butter. When my t-zone is oily mid-summer, I swear by this. I also see an improvement using this on Nick's eczema.By the way, you will save money and get a better product with Gender Bender. The LUSH bar is $13.95 for 3.5 ounces. Gender Bender is just $9 for 7 ounces!
- If you are hypersensitive or have flaky skin, Rosacea or other skin concerns, I recommend the Suki Sensitive Cleansing Bar. Enriched with colloidal oatmeal & shea butter, this bar is free of artificial dyes. $11.95
- I cannot say enough about the Carrot & Goat Milk bar from Aunt Nancy's Handmade Soap. It is positively delightful and ideal for mature, sensitive and dry skin types. There are no added fragrances of any kind and it is full of good-for-your-skin ingredients such as wheat germ oil, carrot puree, grapeseed oil, coconut oil and more. $6
- If you are looking for a fragrance-free bar cleanser to treat acne, check out the Sibu Beauty Cleanse & Detox Sea Buckhorn Facial Soap. I love the fact that Sibu is another good company out there making sure that they are using sustainable ingredients. This bar contains organic Sea Buckthorn Oil, citrus peel, oat kernel flour and more. $6.95