I have been slacker lately...life tends to get in the way from blogging at times and I do apologize! My boys are off today for Columbus Day and they're ramming around the living room playing with their Legos....the Legos which are supposed to be in neat storage bins upstairs and inevitably end up strewn all over the place for me to step on.
I thought it's long overdue for an edition of 5 Bits of Randomness!
1. I have an addiction--to AMC's "Breaking Bad". I started watching the show on my tablet on Netflix at night. I quickly became hooked after just two episodes and I found myself watching seasons 1-4 in less 8 days. Is that bad? It is so expertly written by people who truly know how to craft amazing stories and the acting is just REAL and amazing. Season 4 happens to be the last season on Netflix, so I spent last Friday watching most of season 5 with my friend Cheddy over quiche, soup and conversation. I then downloaded the rest from Amazon and I am officially caught up and am waiting until the last half of season 5 to return in 2013!
2. I had the pleasure of meeting an online friend Saturday! Once upon a time a couple years ago, I was sent some products to review for (seed), a company owned by Rebecca and Benjamin Gournay. I have talked about the line, especially the Fragrance Free Healthy Hand Cream over and over again on this blog. Well, Rebecca and I had the chance to meet when she was visiting Wegmans in Pittsford to do a demo this weekend! It was so wonderful to meet such a lovely person with some much passion for her business.
3. It is COOOLD in New York the past couple days! We have the heat on right now. That means I have been drinking lots of warm drinks. MY favorite yummy concoction today? It's a recipe I found on Pinterest for a Pumpkin Spice Latte from the blog Averie Cooks. It is non-dairy, gluten free, and vegan. I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk in this.
4. Speaking of So Delicious....I do not drink cow's milk. My favorite alternative has taken lots of trial and error, but my absolute MOST favorite milk substitute is So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk.
5. Last but not least--TODAY is the day that my red lipstick piece in USA TODAY's Modern Woman magazine hit the newsstands! If you want to know which red lipsticks and glosses are my favorite wiithout the chemicals, check it out!
5 Bits of Randomness
Monday, October 8, 2012
Powered by Blogger.